the pioneer of cosmetic dentistry
Areas of Expertise:
Cosmetic and General Dentistry: Smile Makeovers, Porcelain Veneers, Cosmetic Contouring, All-Ceramic Crowns, Dental Bonding, Teeth Whitening, Laser Therapy for Periodontal Disease, Trial Smile and Micro-abrasion.
- University of Michigan
- Emory University School of Dentistry, DDS
Dr. Ronald Goldstein is widely considered the father of modern cosmetic dentistry and wrote the first comprehensive textbook on esthetic and cosmetic dentistry in 1976.
Dr. Goldstein is an active writer of both consumer and academic literature on the topics of dentistry, specifically esthetic smile enhancements and their implications to the world of beauty, success and your overall appearance. His best selling consumer book, Change Your Smile (now in its 4th edition) has been translated into ten languages and has been read by millions of people worldwide.
Dr. Goldstein also is a featured columnist for Southern Seasons Magazine and is on the Editorial Advisory Board for New Beauty Magazine.
- "Outstanding Contribution to Cosmetic Dentistry," American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Charles L. Pincus Award for Contribution to Esthetic Dentistry, American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
- Alpha Omega The Achievement Medal Also Received by Albert Einstein and Jonas Salk
- President's Level Lifetime Award Georgia Health Sciences University
- Distinguished Practitioner, National Academies of Practice
- Named to The Robb Report's "Club 21," Influential People in Luxury Businesses along with Giorgio Armani, Richard Branson, and Stephen Wynn
Teaching + Writing:
Dr. Goldstein's dedication to Continuing Education has recently earned him distinction as one of the "Leaders in Continuing Education" by Dentistry Today Magazine. Currently, Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor at the Georgia Health Sciences University, and an Adjunct Clinical Professor at both Boston University and the University of Texas.
He has presented continuing education courses at more than 20 universities and lectured at over 600 dental meetings in the United States, Canada, Australia, South America, Asia and throughout Europe.
He has also co-authored other books including Bleaching Teeth, Porcelain Laminate Veneers, Porcelain and Composite Inlays and Onlays, Imaging in Esthetic Dentistry, and Complete Dental Bleaching. The 3rd edition of his book Esthetics in Dentistry is coming in 2012.
If Dr. Goldstein was not practicing Dental Medicine he would be a fashion photographer.